This blog post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. When you click and make a purchase through the links on this blog, I earn a commission. Additionally, all opinions given in this blog are my own. Please read our full disclosure here.
You are reading this because you want to know how to stop hair loss and grow hair fast. Well, you are not alone! Hair loss is a problem that affects millions of people around the world and can have a devastating effect on your self esteem and self confidence. It can be caused by a variety of factors, and while there are many products on the market that claim to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss, often they are expensive and don’t always work. Fortunately, there is a natural remedy that has been used for centuries in India to increase hair growth and prevent hair loss and thinning hair: fenugreek seed water.
What is Fenugreek Seed?
Fenugreek seed is an age-old remedy used by traditional Indian medicine to encourage hair growth and prevent hair loss. Being half Indian, you can imagine that I found this recipe to be extremely interesting. There are many fenugreek benefits for hair, but in addition to these, the herb has also been used for centuries to treat a variety of ailments including digestive issues, respiratory problems, skin irritations, menstrual cramps, itchy scalp, and sinus infections. The seeds come from the fenugreek plant, a herb cultivated in India and other parts of the world for centuries due to its medicinal benefits. Fenugreek seeds are very affordable and can be found at most health food stores or online.
How does Fenugreek Seed stop hair loss and grow hair fast?
Fenugreek seeds are packed with nutrients that can help you grow hair fast and help to reduce hair loss. The proteins in fenugreek seeds help to repair damaged hair follicles and grow hair. The nicotinic acid in the seeds helps to reduce inflammation and nourish the hair follicles, while potassium acts as a natural conditioner that can help keep the scalp moisturized. Additionally, vitamins A and C help to prevent dryness, breakage and split ends, while phosphorus helps to stimulate circulation in the scalp which helps to promote healthy hair growth. Finally, carbohydrates and dietary fiber help to provide the essential nutrients that are necessary for healthy hair and scalp. By regularly incorporating fenugreek into your hair care routine, you can achieve healthier, stronger, and shinier locks in no time.
How do I Make Fenugreek Seed Water?
To make a fenugreek water hair rinse, begin by soaking a half cup of fenugreek seeds in two cups of warm water overnight. Strain the mixture the next morning, separating the seed from the water. Take the liquid and and transfer it to a spray bottle. When you are ready to use the fenugreek seed water, spray it over your hair while mainly focusing on your scalp. Moisten your hair thoroughly, but not to the point it’s soaked and dripping. Gently massage it into your scalp to stimulate hair growth. Leave it on for at least 20 minutes before washing your hair like normal. Alternatively, you can also keep it on overnight and wash your hair in the morning. Watch the video below for a visual on how to make fenugreek seed water and how to apply it.
- Tip: For the best results, use this rinse no more than twice a week to enjoy healthier and softer hair.
- Tip: Store left over fenugreek extract in the fridge for up to one month.
- Tip: If you want to make your fenugreek hair rinse more effective, add a tablespoon of aloe vera gel to the water to soothe and moisturize the scalp. You can also add a tablespoon of coconut oil to the water to nourish and strengthen the hair.
- Tip: You can make an even stronger concoction by boiling the seeds in four cups of water for 15 minutes instead of soaking them overnight.
- Tip: You can also drink the fenugreek seed water to promote overall health and wellness
- Tip: Another way to use fenugreek seeds to promote healthy hair is to make a hair mask. To do this, grind two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds into a fine powder and mix it with enough water to form a thick fenugreek paste. Apply the hair mask fenugreek paste to your hair and scalp, making sure to cover all areas. Leave the mask on for at least 30 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water.
Other Things You Can Do To grow hair fast and Prevent Hair Loss
In addition to using fenugreek seeds for hair, there are other things you can do to promote hair and scalp health. Eating a healthy diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals is important, as is getting enough sleep and reducing stress. Make sure to use a mild shampoo and conditioner that are specifically designed for your hair type. A thickening shampoo for instance can combat hair thinning while a moisturizing shampoo can help prevent dry, brittle hair that’s prone to breaking. Finally, avoiding harsh chemicals and heat styling tools can also help to protect your hair and prevent damage.
What Is Making My Hair Fall Out?
To properly treat hair loss, get to the bottom of what is making your hair fall out. Hair loss can be caused everything from genetics and hormonal changes to medical conditions. Certain medications, stress or trauma, and even poor nutrition can also affect hair health. Genetics play the largest role in hair loss and hair thinning, with many people inheriting these tendencies at some point in their lives.
Hormonal changes due to pregnancy, menopause, and other medical conditions can also cause temporary or permanent hair loss. Certain medications can have an effect on hair growth as well, such as those used for blood pressure management and chemotherapy treatments. Finally, nutrition can also contribute to hair loss as the body is unable to obtain the proper nutrients for a healthy scalp. Consult a doctor or dermatologist to help you pinpoint the cause of your hair loss. Once that is determined, work on creating a personalized treatment plan.
Hair loss can be caused by excessive stress. However, when you lose your hair, you stress even more. I know this first hand. See my all-natural, super effective remedy to combat stress in this blog post about lemon balm tea.
Useful Tips to grow hair fast
- Avoid excessive heat treatments like blow drying and straightening, as these can damage your hair follicles over time.
- Realize that moderate hair loss of 50-100 hair strands a day is normal and nothing to worry about.
- Stimulate circulation to your scalp by massaging it lightly with your fingertips for a few minutes each day.
- Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner that won’t strip your hair of its natural oils and will create a healthy scalp environment so you can grow hair fast.
- Take a dietary supplement like a multi vitamin with Biotin.
- Reduce your stress levels as much as possible, as high levels can lead to hair loss.
- Get regular trims every 6-8 weeks to keep your hair healthy, reduce split ends and maintain lustrous hair.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or styling products that could damage your hair, opting for natural alternatives instead.
- Protect your hair from the sun by wearing a hat or scarf when outdoors during the day.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and to help improve hair health and hair growth.
- If you’re experiencing an excessive amount of split ends, try getting regular trims to help keep them in check.
- Always use a heat protectant before using heated styling tools on your hair.
- Take the time to detangle gently with a wide-toothed comb or brush after washing and conditioning your hair.
- Avoid brushing your hair when it’s wet as this can cause breakage and split ends.
- When styling, use minimal heat to help protect your strands from damage. Maybe go for curls if your hair is naturally curly. You don’t even need heat to get curls, just some effective products. Check out the curly hair post on Kimberly Worldwide for more information on this.
In conclusion, fenugreek water is a natural and effective remedy for hair growth and preventing hair fall. it is important to note that everyone’s hair and body chemistry is different which means results will vary from person to person. Keep in mind that fenugreek seed water should only be used supplementary to any hair loss treatment recommended by your doctor. See below to purchase the fenugreek seeds I used in the video.
Have you tried fenugreek water for hair before? If so, what were your results? If not, would you try it? Sound off below — Sharing is caring